Thursday, November 14

Noticed By John Green!

Omg omg omg omg omg omg
omg omg omg omg
omg omg
omg



As you guys can see I am beyond hysterical .

Guess what happened?
Ok, I can't contain my excitement to make this a mystery anymore. JOHN GREEN THE AUTHOR OF THE BESTSELLING NOVEL THE FAULT IN OUR STARS NOTICED ME OMG I WAS THRILLED WHEN HE RESPONDED BACK TO MY E-MAIL GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry , basic teen instict. Hahaha.

Anyways, I was just browsing around in John Green's official website here . Basically, I was just reading some of the fan comments and realised that  I needed to send John a message, telling him how much of an idol he is to me and how much I would love, love, love to meet him. It took me no problem at all to find his real e-mail. At first I thought it was a phony but there are verifications to prove it right.

At first , I just commented my so-called feelings on a post in his website but then it got me thinking, I need to contact him privately to really express myself so once I got his e-mail address, I immediately typed a lengthy message , thanking him and asking some questions.

I definitely didn't expect a reply because I read online that he only replies sometimes and it is uncertain. BUT HE DID REPLY TO ME AND I AM BEYOND HAPPY OMIUDGBQKJWDBQKWKQJWBDKQBKQJB.

Here's a screenshot of my e-mail to him ;




This is his reply, it seems legit and proffesional and omwdkwuegdkjhkjhdkjhdkdh , he replied me about 15 hours later.



Okay, so he didn't write much back but he still responded and that is enough.

In case you can't see it in the screenshots, I e-mailed :


❝ Dear John Green,

I’m not even completely sure if you are reading this or if this is just an e-mail hosted by someone in your presence. Or if this is a fake one. You just never know with the internet and the famous nowadays. Haha, anyway I just wanted to tell you how much of an inspiration you are to me. I am only 14 but yet I am deeply touched by your style of writing and own 4 of your books namely The Fault In Our Stars ( a must have ), An Abundance Of Katherines , Will Grayson,Will Grayson & Paper Towns. There were all a spectacular read. My english is what I would consider average so based on your high usage of vocabulary in your books, it made me learn. Not all books actually make people learn, you know. Some of them are just meant as a read. However, yours is truly different. Different in a way which is impossible to describe, I can tell you that. Hazel & Agustus really speak to me. So does Katrina. Sometimes I wonder if you depict Peter Van Houten in your book to be like you ( I’m sorry for being so blunt! ) , but it has been in my thoughts for quite a while. Imagine meeting someone with a character quite like him! I would very much enjoy it, I think. Well, I guess that about sums up on how much I idolize you. I would love if I could come to one of your book signings , however, I live in Malaysia, really far from where you frequently do your book signings. I have always longed to meet you . Imagine meeting you Amsterdam or somewhere around Orlando City! How lovely and coincidental. Unfortunately, a flight overseas isn’t cheap and I’m trying my best to come and meet you! If only you could come and meet me and your other fans here in Asia.

Much love,

Ree.



Then, John responded with a : 




❝ Hi, Ree,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write, and for your kind words about my books. I’ve always believed that 
books are a conversation, so my part of it is only half of the work. It doesn’t become real for me until you read it. So 
thanks.

I won't be traveling at all for the remainder of 2013 or in 2014 but hopefully we'll meet at a signing someday! 

Best wishes,
John  



I am truly blessed to get a reply back from my idol and I am so so so so so euphoric right now!

This is John Green's E-mail , the one I sent too :
johngreenwritesbooks@gmail.com

I hope you guys get a respond to but be warned that I am not completely sure if this is the real him although it seems legit. It may not be the real him replying but perhaps someone in his presence, but this is definitely going to the real person, no matter if its really him reading or not. 

I am a happy , happy kid! Hehe.


Till next time, byeeee~



Sincerely,

www.hotsymbols.com


          

6 comments:

  1. how lucky you are, getting a reply from john green :)
    i can't wait to read the fault in our stars, it's already in my bookshelf now.
    many people recommend me to read this awesome book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely
      You should start right now ! Gahhhh, you will definitely love it omg! Tell me when you have finished it ! hehe

      Delete
  2. BABI I SO JEALOUS YHDGBUEDBVTGEBDNUIVG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eheheheheheheheheheh I think he'll reply to just about anyone la

      Delete
  3. That's so cool! I love John Green myself and have all his books in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you & yayyy then we can what some would call fangirl together if a movie comes out haha x

      Delete