Friday, June 19

Remember - & rain check #2

Remember me when I am gone away, 
   Gone far away into the silent land,
   When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay. 
Remember me when no more day by day,
   You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
   Only remember me you understand,
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
   And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
   For if the darkness and corruption leave
   A vestige of the thoughts I once had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
   Than that you should remember and be sad.

Christina Rossetti. V.P.

It's just a poem we're analysing in lit in eng & I really thoroughly enjoy the feel to it. It is currently 12. 42am and I am on my desk typing this bullshit with each of my elbows comfortably placed and resting on my literature notes.When I should actually be studying. T-minus one day till my lit exam and I am NO WHERE near ready. Mostly because a) I missed 5 weeks of classes and b) I'm a little clueless as to what to expect. So when I do a background search on poets & when I try to analyse the poem myself, well, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Also, my cup of ice water has just melted into a cup of half-ice, half-warm water. (( dO YOU KNOW THAT FEEL?? ))

With no pictures in this post I'm 100% you guys will just skip through it but I missed these kinds of old, raw blog posts that required no colourful, smartly arranged pixels to form an image in order to convey what I am trying to put forth. My back hurts & my stomach hurts - you should know why, especially if you're a female. 

I have an oral assessment tmr ( ULBS ) And I've got to go and fight with my moral teacher tmr as well because she keyed in my marks wrongly on the SAPS website - it was meant to be 92 but she put it as 62. Excuse me, no. I worked hard for those numerals, man. Anyway, I regret even beginning this post because it is just filled with non sensical bullshit that will entertain nobody and is only making my eyes feel extra droopy & watery considering the very fact that I have got to study a little more before I go to bed tonight. 

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I can wake up at 5.20am as I set my alarm to and I hope the Ramadhan spirit (????) everywhere will just give me a little forcible jerk and gist. So sleepy.....but so much to do. Sigh :-(

Goodbye. x





     

No comments:

Post a Comment