Monday, November 9

Singapore 2015

yup yup I'm blogging again!!
It's actually deepavali eve and there's a lot to do but I feel a little anxious and blogging honestly really helps me get rid of the anxiety.
hi everyone!
so, if you didn't know already I went to singapore during the mid year holidays for about a week. I don't exactly remember many details but I will try and recall as many events as possible.
I didn't want to blog on the trip cause I made a short vlog already but I guess I have enough pictures to wring up a post.

if you haven't checked out the vlog yet, please do!!

here are some pictures my sis and I took on the plane
welcome to derp 101 with ms. gurupriya



seriously, she never smiles. only derps.

My mum's twin sister (ie. my aunt but she hates us calling her that cause she is basically our 2nd mum so we call her "big mummy instead. funny, yes but its been tradition) picked us up from the airport and took us to her mother in law's house for lunch. Met two of my fav cousins who were so cute and prepared welcome gifts for us!!

TOO CUTE!!!
also, if you read closely the bag says "small mummy" which is what they call my mum




SO.CUTE.

after lunch, we basically just chilled and took a GAZILLION pictures with balloons.





meet my mum's twin sister, sonia and my mum!! hehe
then we just made our way home to their house in Pasir Ris.
otw home
next day, we went to fetch my uncle from the airport cause he's an SIA pilot ( captain, specifically ) SO COOL. He just got back from a flight to Los Angeles. 
sanjay with his dad's captain hat(?)

that day, we decided to let the kids have a little bit of fun at a random carnival event thing held by the tv channel Nickelodeon in Downtown East if I'm not mistaken. I think it was called the slime cup.


yea its the slime cup hahaahh



he won an eraser after the first game hahaha he looks so proud


at one of the game booths




they went "soft" rock climbing there too!!! it was THE COOLEST THING EVER. I wish I was eligible to participate :( but it was 12 and under damnit nickelodeon.


sis and all her gear

I believe they named the event "slime cup" for the one activity where kids sit in a throne-like chair and get slimed. LITERALLY SLIMED. It was disgusting but cool.


the whole purpose of this thing was to fill up the form we were given with enough stamps after visiting each booth and claim our prize in the end.  


the almost filled form

the prizes were cute tbh. since 3 of the kids played, we attained 3 goodie bags each filled with pens, notebooks, stickers, bottles, colour pencils and all sorts of stuff that was nick-branded. it was too cute!

they even served free popcorn, drinks and cotton candy!! so it was all gooood.

there was also a TMNT booth hosted by nick IN downtown east mall so we took them and it was so cool as well!!


fake lasers

 the next day and we went to Universal Studios.


just before leaving for the station


in the mrt with mi mum </3



we reached Sentosa and went to the toilet first HAHAHA


sonia's first ever mirror selfie hehe

annnnnd here's that "mandatory" universal studios picture
its actually my 3rd or 2nd here (i forgot) so I wasn't exactly rushing for a pic but my mum INSISTED.
   

my two other cousins who came down from penang joined us as well plus another cousin who resides in singapore with my uncle





this is when we were waiting for the yearly pass to be authorized or smth I don't remember. What I DO remember is that it took years. DECADES, even.


soon we all parted ways, my mums twin sister took the little-er kids of the kiddy rides.
the others who were crazy adrenaline thirsty went one way to all the roller coasters.
my mum and I just went around to the shops hahahahahha. I actually CAN do roller coasters -don't get me wrong. It does take a little bit of convincing but I can do them. I have went on a double 360 twist on a mountain in hong kong before. so ya I am a scaredy-cat but an occasionally brave scared-cat k HAHAHA

as we were roaming around, my mum spotted vin diesel. and she freaked. TOTALLY. she's the HUGEST fast and furious fan I have ever met. EVER. She dragged me to the wax figure and told me to take a pic hAHAHA so cute.




of course I had to take one too I mean COME ON.


he was adamant to get a pic with this car. But damn that car. DAMN. So solid.

I think my fav ride ever in universal is the transformers one cause its thrilling but not THAT thrilling to the point hat I need to plunge myself 7 feet downwards, no thank you. The mummy ride comes in second cause I have never successfully ridden it with my eyes open HAHAHA.

had an ice cream interlude before continuing


dippin dots~ 




as we were making our way to the transformers ride I believe, Charlie Chaplin stopped us. I'm NOT KIDDING. So we took the most interesting shots with him in front of the "New York Public Library"

I loved Charlie. Cutest character ever.



finally!! the transformers ride







nightfall finally reached and it was time to go home after a day of good food, good company and good fun.



that night, we had seafood and were all just PUMPED OUT. so we chilled on the sofa and played board games.



one of the games we played!! if you watch youtube, you would know this game and yes!!!!!! It is COMPLETELY NERVE WRECKING.

the other two days were spent going to the Science Centre, Snowball City, Books Actually, Haw Par Village etc. This is when I stopped taking pics and took more vids instead. Do check out the vlog for more!!



purchases from books actually!




bought jelly beans when I got hungry around the science centre heheh



Science Centre!







I shall end this post with a picture of Sonia's Teenage Mutant Ninja Ponies HAHAHA too cute.

thanks for reading!!
I'll be back super soon and an advanced happy deepavali to everyone celebrating! Eat lots of cookies, wear beautiful clothes, feel pretty, don jewellery, receive tons of ang paus and dance to your hearts content!




     

4 comments:

  1. I've checked out your vlog!!! Do more pls!!! omg realising you liked Frank Sinatra as well??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! I feel like it sucked though cause of my vertical filming hehe but will do ^-^ and yes!! how can you not like sinatra?!

      Delete
  2. YAS SUPRIYA I JUST READ THIS! HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME IN SINGAPORE!!! BTW, the ten courts of hell... Omg I remembered going there as a kid... Got really afraid to the point that I felt like crying. XD I guess will still get scared now...Hahahaha! And USS is probably fun + hot right? The mommy ride makes me nauseous before. >~< If I could come to Penang in each angel, that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much for reading thoroughly!! I ALWAYS enjoy my visits to singapore. And yes, the ten courts of hell was scarring omg. If you ever do come to penang, I can help recommend a few of the must-do's that are more towards the local lifestyle than touristy ^-^

      Delete